- Strain broth, discarding vegetables and seasonings. Add enough water
- to make 8 cups; return to kettle. Remove chicken from bones; discard
- bones and skin. Cut chicken into chunks; add to kettle along with
- beans and noodles. Bring to a boil; cook for 20 minutes.
- For dumplings, combine the potatoes, egg, cream, sugar and salt if
- desired in a medium bowl. Gradually add flour to make a stiff dough
- (it should form a peak when spoon is lifted). Drop by teaspoons into
- boiling soup. Cover and simmer for 3 minutes. Yield: 12 servings (3
Nutritional Facts: One cup (prepared with egg substitute and reduced-sodium bouillon and without added salt) equals 192 calories, 62 mg sodium, 52 mg cholesterol, 15 g carbohydrate, 19 g protein, 6 g fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley
, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now