Swedish Oatmeal Drops Recipe
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1. In a large bowl, pour butter over oats. Stir to coat; let stand for 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the eggs, sugar and vanilla; pour over oat mixture. Combine the flour, coconut, nuts and baking powder; gradually add to the oat mixture and mix well.
- 3. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: 5-1/2 dozen.
2 each: 135 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 78mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Swedish Oatmeal Drops
"Cookies are my favorite dessert to make, especially if oatmeal and/or coconut are some of the ingredients! My grandson is highly allergic to eggs so I used Ener-G egg substitute and they turned out great. I also ground the pecans and the coconut slightly to make the flavors more subtle--cookies were enjoyed by all!"
"Loved this recipe. Super easy and they tasted great!"
"What a great cookie - easy to mix up and great taste. I chopped the coconut in the food processor, which made a finer level of coconut, and also chopped the nuts in the processor. These turned out great, though they tended to break apart when removing from the cookie sheet. I let them sit for 1 minute and that made it a lot easier. Nice cookie to mix up in a hurry when the sweet tooth strikes!"