- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- In a large bowl, pour butter over oats. Stir to coat; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the eggs, sugar and vanilla; pour over oat mixture. Combine the flour, coconut, nuts and baking powder; gradually add to the oat mixture and mix well.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: 5-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forSwedish Oatmeal Drops
"Cookies are my favorite dessert to make, especially if oatmeal and/or coconut are some of the ingredients! My grandson is highly allergic to eggs so I used Ener-G egg substitute and they turned out great. I also ground the pecans and the coconut slightly to make the flavors more subtle--cookies were enjoyed by all!"
"Loved this recipe. Super easy and they tasted great!"
"What a great cookie - easy to mix up and great taste. I chopped the coconut in the food processor, which made a finer level of coconut, and also chopped the nuts in the processor. These turned out great, though they tended to break apart when removing from the cookie sheet. I let them sit for 1 minute and that made it a lot easier. Nice cookie to mix up in a hurry when the sweet tooth strikes!"