Swedish Fruit Soup Recipe
- 4 cups cranberry-apple juice
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 medium lemon, thinly sliced
- 6 whole cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- 1/3 cup maraschino cherry juice or grenadine syrup, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the first five ingredients; let stand for 10 minutes. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 15 minutes or until thickened and clear. Remove from the heat; discard lemon slices and cloves. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 cup: 160 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 61mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein .
Reviews for Swedish Fruit Soup
"I grew up eating German Fruit soup. This is quite a bit different but still delicious. I will most definitely make this again."