Swedish Fruit Soup Recipe
- 4 cups cranberry-apple juice
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 medium lemon, thinly sliced
- 6 whole cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- 1/3 cup maraschino cherry juice or grenadine syrup, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the first five ingredients; let stand for 10 minutes. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 15 minutes or until thickened and clear. Remove from the heat; discard lemon slices and cloves. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 cup: 160 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 61mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Swedish Fruit Soup
"I grew up eating German Fruit soup. This is quite a bit different but still delicious. I will most definitely make this again."