Swedish Creme Recipe
This thick and creamy dessert is my interpretation of my mother’s recipe for Swedish “Krem”. It has just a hint of almond flavor and looks spectacular with bright-red berries on top. Serve it in glasses to match the occasion. —Linda Nilsen, Anoka, Minnesota
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup plus 2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine cream and 1 cup sugar; cook and stir over low heat until a thermometer reads 160°(do not allow to boil). Stir in gelatin until completely dissolved.
- 2. Remove from heat; stir in extracts. Cool 10 minutes. Whisk in sour cream. Pour into eight dessert dishes. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- 3. Just before serving, lightly crush raspberries; gently stir in remaining sugar. Spoon over tops. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving equals 440 calories, 32 g fat (21 g saturated fat), 122 mg cholesterol, 55 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC