Swedish Christmas Rice Pudding Recipe
Rice pudding is an old-fashioned dessert that is comforting and delicious. The creamy treat has a mild vanilla flavor.—Karla Larson, East Moline, Illinois
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- Dash salt
- 4 cups milk
- 2/3 cup sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a heavy saucepan, combine the water, rice and salt; bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until water is absorbed. Add milk and 1/3 cup sugar; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30-40 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- 2. Whisk together the eggs and remaining sugar. Gradually stir 2 cups hot rice mixture into the egg mixture; return all to pan, stirring constantly. Cook and stir over low heat for 3-5 minutes until mixture reaches 160°. Remove from the heat; stir in butter and vanilla. Pour into a serving bowl.
- 3. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until chilled. Just before serving, sprinkle with cinnamon. Yield: 9 servings.
1 serving: 199 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 94mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Swedish Christmas Rice Pudding
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC