Swedish Butter Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add syrup. Combine flour and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Divide dough into eight portions. Roll each portion into a 9-in. log. Place 3 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 300° for 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cut into 1-in. slices. Remove to wire racks. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: about 6 dozen.
Reviews for Swedish Butter Cookies(5)
Sort By :
Excellent Recipe! I did drop cookies instead of bars.
I love this receipe. I give it to my girlfriend for Christmas. Her Swedish grandmother used to make these cookies
They are awesome. You cannot eat just one. For being such a simple recipe, they are addictive:)
Crunchy, slightly sweet, buttery, mmmm delicious..... these were actually quite easy to make - I was worried about rolling the dough out but it was very cooperative! I put a bit of flour on my worksurface before rolling out.
Yummy!! So delicious.
More Recipe Collections
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Gift Recipes >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >
- Holiday Cookie Recipes >
- Potluck Desserts >