Swedish Butter Cookies
It's impossible to eat just one of these treats. Naturally, they're a favorite with my Swedish husband and children—but anyone with a sweet tooth will appreciate them. My recipe is "well-traveled" among our friends and neighbors. —Sue Soderland, Elgin, Illinois
36 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add
- syrup. Combine flour and baking soda; gradually add to creamed
- mixture and mix well.
- Divide dough into eight portions. Roll each portion into a 9-in. log.
- Place 3 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 300° for 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cut into
- 1-in. slices. Remove to wire racks. Dust with confectioners' sugar.
- Yield: about 6 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 94 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 87 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.