Swedish Apple Pie Recipe
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 medium tart apples, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans, toasted
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flours, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. In a small bowl, whisk egg and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in apples and walnuts.
- Transfer to a 9-in. pie plate coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar if desired. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Swedish Apple Pie
Sort By :
"This is a great, simple to put together, can't mess up recipe. I was concerned, for a moment, when I mixed the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, as I didn't think that they would possibly coat all of the apple that I had just chopped. But once i added the apples in and started mixing, it coated them perfectly. No complaints from my family. PS- I didn't tell them it was 'good' for them."
"This recipe is yummy, it just turns out more like an apple crisp, I would say. My husband is on Weight Watchers & this has only 5 points per slice, so that's quite convenient!~ Theresa"
"Very good served warm with a scoop of low fat ice cream."
"For a healthy dessert, this is one of my new favorites. I was worried about how thick the dough was, but once I started mixing in the apples, their moisture loosened up the dough and made a nice batter. For leftovers we poured a little milk over the top to make it more moist. Great with some light whipped cream also."
"I just posted this recipe step-by-step on my website. Check it out! It's delicious!http://www.stacymakescents.com/?p=2274"