Not too sweet, these nutty, crunchy cookies go well with a cup of hot coffee...and travel well in care packages, too!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup finely chopped almonds
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in extract. Sift together flour, cardamom and soda; add alternately with sour cream to creamed mixture. Fold in almonds. Divide dough into six parts; shape into rolls (like refrigerated cookie dough). Place three each on two greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for about 30 minutes or until light brown. Remove rolls to cutting board. Using a sharp knife, slice rolls diagonally 1/2 in. thick. Place cookies on sheets; return to oven and bake until light brown. Cool; store in tightly covered containers. Yield: 6 dozen.
Originally published as Swedishy Almond Rusks in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook 1992, p59
Reviews for Swedish Almond Rusks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review