Guacamole is always a party favorite, even when it looks like it was dredged from the swamp! I add white beans to resemble pebbles. Serve with blue corn tortilla “witch hats.”
- 3 medium ripe avocados, peeled
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Tortilla chips
- In a small bowl, mash avocado with a fork. Stir in the beans, onion, cilantro, lime juice and salt. Serve with chips. Yield: about 3 cups.
Originally published as Swamp Sludge in Ultimate Halloween 2012 2012, p57
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Swamp Sludge
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review