Swamp Juice a la Slime Recipe
The green goo oozing down the sides of the eerie wine glasses make this fruity beverage perfect for any Halloween party. -Melisa Ann Beier, Howell, Michigan
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- Green paste food coloring
- 5 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2 cups white grape juice
- 2 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- 1 cup club soda, chilled
- Fresh pineapple slices, optional
- 1. Refrigerate 10 champagne flutes or cocktail glasses until chilled. In a small bowl, combine corn syrup and green food coloring; dip rims of chilled glasses into mixture. Turn glasses upright, allowing mixture to slightly run down sides of glasses. Freeze until firm.
- 2. In a pitcher, combine the pineapple juice, grape juice and yellow food coloring if desired. Refrigerate until chilled.
- 3. Just before serving, stir club soda into juice mixture. Pour juice into prepared glasses; garnish with pineapple if desired. Yield: 10 servings (2 quarts).
3/4 cup equals 142 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 21 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC