The green goo oozing down the sides of the eerie wine glasses make this fruity beverage perfect for any Halloween party. -Melisa Ann Beier, Howell, Michigan
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- Green paste food coloring
- 5 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2 cups white grape juice
- 2 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- 1 cup club soda, chilled
- Fresh pineapple slices, optional
- Refrigerate 10 champagne flutes or cocktail glasses until chilled. In a small bowl, combine corn syrup and green food coloring; dip rims of chilled glasses into mixture. Turn glasses upright, allowing mixture to slightly run down sides of glasses. Freeze until firm.
- In a pitcher, combine the pineapple juice, grape juice and yellow food coloring if desired. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Just before serving, stir club soda into juice mixture. Pour juice into prepared glasses; garnish with pineapple if desired. Yield: 10 servings (2 quarts).
Originally published as Swamp Juice a la Slime in Taste of Home October/November 2009, p81
Reviews for Swamp Juice a la Slime
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 21, 2010
"it is bitter and sweet an also AWESOME!!"