Susan's Stuffed Tomatoes
Before I created this recipe, I wasn't much of a salad eater. Now it's a summertime specialty. Even my husband and four sons look forward to these super stuffed tomatoes.
5 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 small carrot, finely shredded
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Salt to taste
- 5 medium tomatoes
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; cover and chill for
- 2-3 hours. Cut tomatoes not quite through into six equal wedges;
- spread apart. Place 1/2 cup chicken salad in center of each tomato.
- Serve on lettuce if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.