- In a microwave, melt the white baking chips, butter and remaining
- chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Stir in coffee granules and
- extract. Cool to room temperature.
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cup cream; let stand
- for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is
- completely dissolved. Stir into chocolate mixture. In a large bowl,
- beat the remaining 1-1/4 cups cream until soft peaks form. Add to
- the cooled chocolate mixture; beat until stiff peaks form.
- For whipped cream, in a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to
- thicken. Add sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form.
- Place bottom cake layer on a serving plate; top with half of the
- chocolate mixture. Repeat layers. Top with the remaining cake layer.
- Frost top and sides of cake with whipped cream. Refrigerate for at
- least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 687 calories, 46 g fat (26 g saturated fat), 128 mg cholesterol, 302 mg sodium, 62 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.