Surprise Tuna Salad
"Apple, raisins and pecans give tuna salad a harvest twist that makes a delicious cold or grilled sandwich," relates Vicki Reed of Kansas City, Missouri.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 medium apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup Miracle Whip
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 12 bread slices, toasted
- 6 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients; spread over six slices
- bread. Top each with a cheese slice and remaining bread. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 476 calories, 28 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 622 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.