- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 medium apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup Miracle Whip
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 12 bread slices, toasted
- 6 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients; spread over six slices bread. Top each with a cheese slice and remaining bread. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Surprise Tuna Salad
Sort By :
"This is a great crunchy salad! Being from Maryland, I did feel the need to add 1 tsp of Old Bay Seasoning. Absolutely perfect! Works well as a sandwich and even better scooped up with corn chips, crackers, or pita chips. This would also lend itself well to the addition of other seasonings such as curry."