Surprise Spice Cake
Canned tomato soup replaces some of the oil in this spice cake, decreasing the fat and boosting the color of the cake. Hannah Thompson shares her secret ingredient from Scotts Valley, California.
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1 package spice cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (16 ounces) cream cheese frosting
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, soup,
- eggs and water; beat on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium 2
- minutes. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Bake 30-33 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center
- comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Frost with cream cheese
- frosting. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 392 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 586 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.