Surprise Spice Cake Recipe
- 1 package spice cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (16 ounces) cream cheese frosting
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, soup, eggs and water; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 30-33 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Frost with cream cheese frosting. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Surprise Spice Cake(3)
Sort By :
Very moist and tasty. One family member, who ordinarily does not like box cakes, had a second helping and did not know tomato soup was an ingredient.
I have made this and added nuts and raisins
I make a spice cake that uses tomato soup! It is a little differnt from this one but it sounds like it would be just as delicious. Don't let the sound of tomato soup in it turn you away. It adds a nice texture and flavor.