"When our kids were young, this was their favorite sandwich," related Mesa, Arizona field editor Audrey Thibodeau.
- 2 cups ground fully cooked ham, roast beef or chicken
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise, ketchup or chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery, onion or olives, optional
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish, optional
- 8 slices bread
- In a medium bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. If desired, add celery, onion or olives and/or relish. Spread 1/2 cup on four slices of bread; top with remaining bread. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Surprise Sandwich Spread in Taste of Home April/May 1997, p54
Reviews for Surprise Sandwich Spread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review