- Combine the cocoa, baking soda and remaining flour; gradually add to
- creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for
- 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick insert near the center comes out
- clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks
- to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, beat butter and remaining shortening until smooth.
- Beat in the confectioners' sugar, cooled sugar mixture and remaining
- vanilla until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Insert a large
- round tip into a pastry or plastic bag; fill with filling. Insert
- the tip halfway into the center of each cupcake and fill with a
- small amount of filling.
- For frosting, in a heavy saucepan, melt chips with 1/3 cup evaporated
- milk over low heat; stir until smooth. Remove from the heat. Beat in
- confectioners' sugar. Add enough remaining milk to achieve spreading
- consistency. Frost cupcakes. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 288 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 114 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.