I like to share these little pumpkin cakes at work. Cupcakes are the perfect workplace treat because they're already wrapped up and so easy to eat. —Kathleen Dimmich, Easton, Pennsylvania
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, beat the pumpkin, sugar, oil and eggs until well blended. In small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into pumpkin mixture until blended.
- For filling, another small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add egg; beat on low just until combined.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups one-third full. Drop filling by tablespoonfuls into center of each cupcake. Cover with remaining batter.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the pumpkin portion comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Surprise Pumpkin Cupcakes in Taste of Home Recipe Card Collection Winter 2010 Winter 2010, p87
Reviews for Surprise Pumpkin Cupcakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review