Surprise Pumpkin Cupcakes Recipe
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, beat the pumpkin, sugar, oil and eggs until well blended. In small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into pumpkin mixture until blended.
- For filling, another small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add egg; beat on low just until combined.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups one-third full. Drop filling by tablespoonfuls into center of each cupcake. Cover with remaining batter.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the pumpkin portion comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Surprise Pumpkin Cupcakes(16)
Sort By :
These were phenomenal! I read the recipe wrong and ended up with 12 cupcakes and a bunch of batter... which I then put in a loaf pan and swirled the filling over the top. It all turned out great and I will make these all winter long! Thanks for the recipe!
Made these in November for church Turkey dinner. Everyone asked who made them!! Just made them again last night and son and daughter in law asked to eat several even though we just got home from a restaurant. Husband loves them too! My only problem is that I have enough batter for 26 cupcakes filled to the top but only enough filling for 24. Guess who gets to eat the plain ones!!
The cupcakes were super moist. Next time I'll try the pumpkin pie spice instead of just cinnamon for a different twist. I took them to my work Christmas party...but we've been enjoying the leftovers in the office for breakfast!! I agree you should use generous dollops of the cream cheese in the middle - and my tops were extra sugared.....on purpose. :) YUM!
These are the BEST! Quick and easy - made them four times already! Family loves them! Don't soften the cream cheese too much - the filling is better when it's about the consistency of cookie batter.
Very tasty. Cup cakes also freeze very well.
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Cupcakes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Cupcake Recipes >
- Cupcakes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Filled Cupcake Recipes >
- Halloween Cakes >
- Halloween Cupcake Recipes >
- Halloween Desserts >
- Halloween Party Recipes >