Surprise Package Cookies
"Each of these buttery cookies has a chocolate mint candy inside," says Lorraine Meyer of Bend, Oregon. "They're my very favorite cookie and are always part of our Christmas cookie trays."
21 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 65 mint Andes candies
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time, beating
- well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking
- powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Cover and
- refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- With floured hands, shape a tablespoonful of dough around 42 candies,
- forming rectangular cookies. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking
- Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Remove to wire racks to cool. In a microwave or saucepan, melt the
- remaining candies; drizzle over cookies. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 296 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 175 mg sodium,