Surprise Monkey Bread Recipe
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tubes (12 ounces each) refrigerated flaky buttermilk biscuits
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cut into 20 cubes
- 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, heat brown sugar and butter on high for 1 minute or until sugar is dissolved; set aside.
- Flatten each biscuit into a 3-in. circle. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon in the center of each biscuit. Top with a cream cheese cube. Fold dough over filling; pinch edges to seal tightly.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup walnuts into a 10-in. fluted tube pan coated with cooking spray. Layer with half of the biscuits, cinnamon-sugar and butter mixture and 1/2 cup walnuts. Repeat layers.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately invert onto a serving platter. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1 loaf (12 servings).
Reviews for Surprise Monkey Bread
Sort By :
I have been making this for ages. Came from one of Paula Deen's cookbooks and was called Gorilla Bread (according to Paula it kicks monkey bread's butt.)
Absolutely LOVE this bread - for breakfast, as dessert - anytime! It is scrumptious!
I made this for my husband coffee group. The men didn't leave me a crumb. One of the guys said this is the best recipe yet. I always made them "monkey bread"
Made this for a family brunch, and everyone all 25 family members loved it.