Surprise Monkey Bread Recipe
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tubes (12 ounces each) refrigerated flaky buttermilk biscuits
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cut into 20 cubes
- 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, heat brown sugar and butter on high for 1 minute or until sugar is dissolved; set aside.
- Flatten each biscuit into a 3-in. circle. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon in the center of each biscuit. Top with a cream cheese cube. Fold dough over filling; pinch edges to seal tightly.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup walnuts into a 10-in. fluted tube pan coated with cooking spray. Layer with half of the biscuits, cinnamon-sugar and butter mixture and 1/2 cup walnuts. Repeat layers.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately invert onto a serving platter. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1 loaf (12 servings).
Reviews for Surprise Monkey Bread
Sort By :
"My hubby and daughter both said these were delicious! I made homemade biscuits, but otherwise made as directed. Thanks for sharing!"
"Everybody loved this one. Want it again soon!"
"I have been making this for ages. Came from one of Paula Deen's cookbooks and was called Gorilla Bread (according to Paula it kicks monkey bread's butt.)"
"Absolutely LOVE this bread - for breakfast, as dessert - anytime! It is scrumptious!"