Surprise Herb Rolls Recipe
My Mama and I created these rolls for our Christmas guests one year and they were a big hit.—Hannah Heinritz, Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- Dash rubbed sage
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a small bowl, mix sour cream and herbs until blended. Divide dough into 12 portions. On a lightly floured surface, roll each into a 4-in. circle. Top each with 2 teaspoons sour cream mixture; bring edges of dough up over filling and pinch to seal.
- 2. Place in greased muffin cups, seam side down. Cover with kitchen towels; let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 3. Brush tops with melted butter; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 roll equals 148 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 248 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC