- 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- In a small saucepan, cook and stir the cheese and butter over medium heat until melted. Remove from the heat; stir in the vanilla and nuts. In a bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar and cocoa. Add the cheese mixture and beat until combined (mixture will be stiff). Spread until a greased 9-in. square pan. Refrigerate until firm. Cut into squares. Store in refrigerator. Yield: About 2 pounds.
Reviews for Surprise Fudge
"Probably the easiest, creamiest fudge I've ever made. Took less than 10 minutes. NEVER would have guessed the surprise ingredient! Next batch, I'll try adding some almond extract!"
"We loved this recipe. It tastes great. We passed it on to my dh's professor."