Santa himself would never guess that the secret ingredient in this amazingly smooth and creamy fudge is cheese! The recipe is simply delicious and is my husband's Yuletide favorite.
- 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- In a small saucepan, cook and stir the cheese and butter over medium heat until melted. Remove from the heat; stir in the vanilla and nuts. In a bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar and cocoa. Add the cheese mixture and beat until combined (mixture will be stiff). Spread until a greased 9-in. square pan. Refrigerate until firm. Cut into squares. Store in refrigerator. Yield: About 2 pounds.
Originally published as Surprise Fudge in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2004, p28
Reviews for Surprise Fudge
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review