Surprise Cupcakes Recipe
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 3/4 cup strawberry or grape jelly
- Frosting of your choice
- Colored sprinkles, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- 2. Fill 36 paper-lined muffin cups half full. Drop jelly by teaspoonfuls into the center of each.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in cupcake comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Frost cupcakes; decorate with sprinkles if desired. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 each: 164 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 130mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 0g fiber), 2g protein .
Reviews for Surprise Cupcakes
"A nice surprise for a cupcake. Received smiles and compliments on these."