Surprise Clam Chowder Recipe
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup diced peeled potato
- 1/4 cup diced green pepper
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1 can (7-1/2 ounces) minced clams, undrained
- 1. In a saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add ham and clams; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 135 calories, 3g fat (0g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 694mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 16g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 0 starch, 1 lean meat, 2 vegetable.