When family and friends first sampled this stew some 40 years ago, they were pleasantly surprised by the combination of ingredients. Now it's a dish they frequently request.
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup diced peeled potato
- 1/4 cup diced green pepper
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1 can (7-1/2 ounces) minced clams, undrained
- In a saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add ham and clams; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Surprise Clam Chowder in Country Pork 1996, p39
Reviews for Surprise Clam Chowder
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review