- with a knife to remove air pockets. Bake on the lowest oven rack at
- 350° for 40-50 minutes or until top springs back when lightly
- touched. Immediately invert pan; cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Run a knife around side and center tube of pan. Remove cake. Cut a
- 3/4-in. slice from top of cake; set aside. Using a sharp knife,
- carve a tunnel out of cake, leaving a 1-in.-thick wall on all sides;
- carefully remove cake from tunnel. (Discard cake from tunnel or save
- for another use.)
- For filling, in a small bowl, beat cream, confectioners' sugar and
- vanilla until soft peaks form. Set aside two-thirds of mixture. Fold
- remaining cream mixture into the strawberries; spoon into tunnel.
- Replace cake top. Frost top and sides of cake with reserved cream
- mixture. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 383 calories, 23 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 131 mg cholesterol, 162 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.