Surprise Cheese Ball Recipe
Ramen noodles are the secret ingredient in this savory appetizer. “This is great to take to school functions, church fellowships and family holiday gatherings,” says Phyllis Stanley of Avery, Texas. TIP: “If you’re in a hurry, don’t form it into a ball. Simply serve it right away as a spread for crackers,” Phyllis suggests.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. + chilling YIELD:20 servings
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 package (3 ounces) chicken ramen noodles
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- Assorted crackers
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, cream cheese, onions and contents of seasoning mix from ramen noodles; beat until fluffy. Finely crush the noodles. Add noodles and pecans to cream cheese mixture; mix well. Shape into a ball; roll in parsley. Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours. Remove from the refrigerator 15 minutes before serving. Serve with crackers. Yield: 1 cheese ball (2-1/2 cups).
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 83 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 94 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC