Surprise Cheese Ball Recipe
Ramen noodles are the secret ingredient in this savory appetizer. “This is great to take to school functions, church fellowships and family holiday gatherings,” says Phyllis Stanley of Avery, Texas. TIP: “If you’re in a hurry, don’t form it into a ball. Simply serve it right away as a spread for crackers,” Phyllis suggests.
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 package (3 ounces) chicken ramen noodles
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- Assorted crackers
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, cream cheese, onions and contents of seasoning mix from ramen noodles; beat until fluffy. Finely crush the noodles. Add noodles and pecans to cream cheese mixture; mix well. Shape into a ball; roll in parsley. Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours. Remove from the refrigerator 15 minutes before serving. Serve with crackers. Yield: 1 cheese ball (2-1/2 cups).
Originally published as Surprise Cheese Ball in Quick Cooking November/December 2005, p21
Reviews for Surprise Cheese Ball
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 5, 2011
I thought this was OK, but not great; a little bland for my taste.
Reviewed Sep. 23, 2009
I made this, but I used 2 8 oz. pkgs. of cream cheese. 2 oz. would not set up enough to make a ball. What is the correct amount?