Surprise Banana Muffins
“I created these easy muffins after I'd stocked up on too much candy and banana bread mix,” writes Teresa Heavilin of Kokomo, Indiana. “My family loves the peanut-butter surprise, and these muffins were a huge hit at a church potluck.” TIP: Not a fan of banana bread? Try a different quick bread and muffin mix instead.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (14 ounces) banana quick bread and muffin mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 12 miniature peanut butter cups
- Prepare banana bread batter according to package directions, using
- milk, oil and eggs. Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full. Place
- a peanut butter cup in the center of each; spoon remaining batter
- over top.
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into
- muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan
- to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Editor’s Note: This recipe was prepared with Pillsbury banana quick bread and muffin mix.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 271 calories, 14 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 233 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.