Surf 'n' Turf Tenderloin Recipe
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 16 uncooked medium shrimp (about 1/2 pound), peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (1-1/2 to 2 inches thick and 6 ounces each)
- 1. In a small skillet, saute onion in 1 tablespoon oil and 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add broth; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add the shrimp; cook and stir until shrimp turn pink, about 3-5 minutes. Stir in parsley.
- 2. Meanwhile, make a horizontal cut three-fourths of the way through each steak. Place three shrimp in each pocket. Set aside remaining shrimp and sauce for garnish; keep warm.
- 3. In a large skillet, heat remaining oil and butter over medium-high heat. Add steaks; cook until meat reaches desired doneness (about 10-13 minutes for medium, 160°), turning once. Top with reserved shrimp and sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 403 calories, 23g fat (8g saturated fat), 152mg cholesterol, 158mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (trace sugars, trace fiber), 45g protein
Reviews for Surf 'n' Turf Tenderloin
"Great surprise for hubby on valentines day!!!"
"Made it for New Years Eve and it was a wonderful change."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.