Surf 'n' Turf Tenderloin Recipe
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 16 uncooked medium shrimp (about 1/2 pound), peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (1-1/2 to 2 inches thick and 6 ounces each)
- In a small skillet, saute onion in 1 tablespoon oil and 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add broth; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add the shrimp; cook and stir until shrimp turn pink, about 3-5 minutes. Stir in parsley.
- Meanwhile, make a horizontal cut three-fourths of the way through each steak. Place three shrimp in each pocket. Set aside remaining shrimp and sauce for garnish; keep warm.
- In a large skillet, heat remaining oil and butter over medium-high heat. Add steaks; cook until meat reaches desired doneness (about 10-13 minutes for medium, 160°), turning once. Top with reserved shrimp and sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Surf N Turf Tenderloin in Country Woman May/June 1998, p27
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Surf 'n' Turf Tenderloin
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 16, 2013
Great surprise for hubby on valentines day!!!
Reviewed Jan. 8, 2011
Made it for New Years Eve and it was a wonderful change.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- New Year's Dinner Recipes >
- New Year's Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Seafood Recipes >