Surf & Turf Recipe
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 lobster tails (8 to 10 ounces each)
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (4 ounces each)
- 4 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- 1. In a small skillet, saute garlic in 2 teaspoons oil until tender; remove from the heat. In a small bowl, combine the parsley, green onions, thyme, lemon peel, salt, pepper, cayenne and reserved garlic. Set aside 1/2 cup for crumb topping.
- 2. Add softened butter to remaining herb mixture; mix well. Shape into a 1-in.-thick log; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- 3. For crumb topping, combine the bread crumbs, melted butter and reserved herb mixture; set aside.
- 4. Split lobster tails in half lengthwise. With cut side up and using scissors, cut along the edge of shell to loosen the cartilage covering the tail meat from the shell; remove and discard cartilage.
- 5. Place lobster tails on a baking sheet; top with reserved crumb topping. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until meat is firm and opaque and crumbs are golden brown.
- 6. Meanwhile, sprinkle steaks with coarse pepper. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook steaks in remaining oil for 4-5 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- 7. Unwrap herb butter; cut four 1/4-in.-slices from log. Place one slice on each steak. Serve with lobster. Rewrap remaining butter; refrigerate for 1 week or freeze for up to 3 months. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 793 calories, 52 g fat (26 g saturated fat), 355 mg cholesterol, 1,289 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 69 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.