Surefire Sugar Cookies Recipe
- 1 tube (18 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 4-1/2 teaspoons shortening
- Colored sprinkles, chopped nuts or sweetened shredded coconut
- 1. Slice and bake the sugar cookies according to package directions. Cool on wire racks.
- 2. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips and shortening. Microwave on high for 1-2 minutes or until melted; stir until smooth. Dip each cookie halfway in melted chocolate. Place on waxed paper; immediately sprinkle with colored sprinkles, nuts or coconut. Let stand until chocolate is completely set. Yield: 2 dozen.
2 each: 300 calories, 17g fat (6g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 182mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Surefire Sugar Cookies
"Also made some with crushed peppermints, chocolate sprinkles, nuts, etc. on white bark."
"These are a great quick recipe to make and so good too."
"I'm sitting at home in a blizzard. There's something about snow falling that makes me want to bake:) I was so disappointed to find that this recipe called for a tube of refrigerated cookie dough! Who looks for a recipe for sugar cookies when they have a tube of refrigerated cookie dough? I'll keep looking and find a REAL recipe. I wish 'cop outs' like this weren't included when I'm looking for a recipe. It's a waste of baking time!"