- 1 tube (18 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 4-1/2 teaspoons shortening
- Colored sprinkles, chopped nuts or flaked coconut
- Slice and bake the sugar cookies according to package directions. Cool on wire racks.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips and shortening. Microwave on high for 1-2 minutes or until melted; stir until smooth. Dip each cookie halfway in melted chocolate. Place on waxed paper; immediately sprinkle with colored sprinkles, nuts or coconut. Let stand until chocolate is completely set. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Surefire Sugar Cookies
"Also made some with crushed peppermints, chocolate sprinkles, nuts, etc. on white bark."
"These are a great quick recipe to make and so good too."
"I'm sitting at home in a blizzard. There's something about snow falling that makes me want to bake:) I was so disappointed to find that this recipe called for a tube of refrigerated cookie dough! Who looks for a recipe for sugar cookies when they have a tube of refrigerated cookie dough? I'll keep looking and find a REAL recipe. I wish 'cop outs' like this weren't included when I'm looking for a recipe. It's a waste of baking time!"