"You can invite kids to help make these easy treats," relates Victoria Zmarzley-Hahn of Northhampton, Pennsylvania. "Sometimes I melt white coating instead of chocolate chips because it can be tinted to match the season. And for a shortcut, I purchase sugar cookies from the bakery."
- 1 tube (18 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 4-1/2 teaspoons shortening
- Colored sprinkles, chopped nuts or flaked coconut
- Slice and bake the sugar cookies according to package directions. Cool on wire racks.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips and shortening. Microwave on high for 1-2 minutes or until melted; stir until smooth. Dip each cookie halfway in melted chocolate. Place on waxed paper; immediately sprinkle with colored sprinkles, nuts or coconut. Let stand until chocolate is completely set. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Surefire Sugar Cookies in Quick Cooking November/December 2002, p22
Reviews for Surefire Sugar Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review