Supreme Scalloped Potatoes Recipe
For a true down-home dinner, serve these creamy potatoes alongside your favorite roast beef. When I know I have a full day ahead, I'll assemble this casserole the night before. —Erla Burkholder, Ewing, Illinois
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min. YIELD:12-14 servings
- 8 medium potatoes (about 3 pounds), peeled
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a Dutch oven or large kettle, cook potatoes in boiling salted water until tender. Cool completely; shred and place in a large bowl. Add 1 cup cheese and onion. Combine remaining ingredients; pour over potato mixture.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 12-14 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 195 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 359 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC