- 8 medium potatoes (about 3 pounds), peeled
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven or large kettle, cook potatoes in boiling salted water until tender. Cool completely; shred and place in a large bowl. Add 1 cup cheese and onion. Combine remaining ingredients; pour over potato mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Supreme Scalloped Potatoes in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p70
Reviews for Supreme Scalloped Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 9, 2012
I fixed this for a church Potluck and it was quickly finished off. I only cooked the potatoes partly not tender all the way through. I even put them in the fridge overnight and baked the next day and they turned out fine.
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Easter Side Dishes >
- Potato Recipes >