Supreme Roast Beef Recipe
- 1 large onion, sliced into rings
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 to 5 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- 1 beef rump roast or bottom round roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- 6 to 8 bay leaves
- 1. Place onion in a greased shallow roasting pan. Rub Worcestershire sauce and pepper over the roast. Place over the onion; top with bay leaves. Cover and bake at 325° for 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness.
- 2. Discard bay leaves. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before carving. Thicken pan juices if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (8 ounces) equals 301 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 136 mg cholesterol, 114 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 45 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.