Supreme Roast Beef Recipe
- 1 large onion, sliced into rings
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 to 5 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- 1 beef rump roast or bottom round roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- 6 to 8 bay leaves
- 1. Place onion in a greased shallow roasting pan. Rub Worcestershire sauce and pepper over the roast. Place over the onion; top with bay leaves. Cover and bake at 325° for 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness.
- 2. Discard bay leaves. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before carving. Thicken pan juices if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
8 ounce-weight: 301 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 136mg cholesterol, 114mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 45g protein
Reviews for Supreme Roast Beef
"I cut down on the pepper to two tsps."
"This was very good. I might add a touch of salt or a bit more Worcestershire next time. I did thicken the juices to use as a gravy by adding 2 tablespoons of corn starch and heating over medium heat until thickened. If you do not like pepper (my family does) you might want to decrease the amount before cooking and let people add it as they desire. My family loved it the way it was."
"This was very spicy. I will make it again using less pepper."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.