"This fix-and-forget roast is one of our family's favorite Sunday meals," says Jackie Holland of Gillette, Wyoming. "With just five ingredients, it's simple to prepare and leaves plenty of leftovers to enjoy later in the week."
- 1 large onion, sliced into rings
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 to 5 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- 1 beef rump roast or bottom round roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- 6 to 8 bay leaves
- Place onion in a greased shallow roasting pan. Rub Worcestershire sauce and pepper over the roast. Place over the onion; top with bay leaves. Cover and bake at 325° for 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness.
- Discard bay leaves. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before carving. Thicken pan juices if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Supreme Roast Beef in Quick Cooking March/April 1999, p42
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Supreme Roast Beef
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review