- 1 large onion, sliced into rings
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 to 5 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- 1 beef rump roast or bottom round roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- 6 to 8 bay leaves
- Place onion in a greased shallow roasting pan. Rub Worcestershire sauce and pepper over the roast. Place over the onion; top with bay leaves. Cover and bake at 325° for 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness.
- Discard bay leaves. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before carving. Thicken pan juices if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now
Reviews for Supreme Roast Beef
Sort By :
I cut down on the pepper to two tsps.
This was very good. I might add a touch of salt or a bit more Worcestershire next time. I did thicken the juices to use as a gravy by adding 2 tablespoons of corn starch and heating over medium heat until thickened. If you do not like pepper (my family does) you might want to decrease the amount before cooking and let people add it as they desire. My family loved it the way it was.
This was very spicy. I will make it again using less pepper.