Cottage cheese and sour cream give a delicious creamy coating to the tender cubes of potatoes in this side dish. i usually double the recipe when serving it to guests. They never realize it's light. —Joy Allen of Forsyth, Georgia
Featured In: The 13x9 Thanksgiving
- 3 medium potatoes (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain. Peel potatoes and cut into cubes.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the cottage cheese, sour cream, milk, sugar, salt and garlic powder; cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in the potatoes and onion.
- Pour into a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 15 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Supreme Potato Casserole in Light & Tasty December/January 2005, p31
Reviews for Supreme Potato Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review