Cottage cheese and sour cream give a delicious creamy coating to the tender cubes of potatoes in this side dish. i usually double the recipe when serving it to guests. They never realize it's light. —Joy Allen of Forsyth, Georgia
Recommended: The 13x9 Thanksgiving
- 3 medium potatoes (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain. Peel potatoes and cut into cubes.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the cottage cheese, sour cream, milk, sugar, salt and garlic powder; cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in the potatoes and onion.
- Pour into a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 15 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Supreme Potato Casserole in Light & Tasty December/January 2005, p31
Reviews for Supreme Potato Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 1, 2016
"I made this last night and it turned out amazing! I did not change a thing and also it fit nicely in my diet."