Supreme Pizza Tortillas Recipe
“Hungry for scratch pizza, but too busy to fix one, I put together these delicious tortillas. Canadian bacon is a good substitute for ham, and cheddar or Swiss cheese work as well as mozzarella. Extra sauce makes a great sandwich dip.” —Jill Flory, Covington, Ohio
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained and chopped
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 pound fully cooked ham, thinly sliced
- 8 flour tortillas (10 inches), room temperature
- 2 cups pizza sauce, divided
- 40 slices pepperoni
- 40 banana pepper rings
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the beef, sausage, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in mushrooms and olives; set aside.
- 2. Place one slice of ham on each tortilla; top with about 1/2 cup beef mixture. Drizzle each with 3 tablespoons pizza sauce. Layer with pepperoni, banana pepper rings and cheese. Fold sides of tortillas over filling; secure with toothpicks.
- 3. Place in two 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Warm the remaining pizza sauce; serve with wraps. Yield: 8 servings.
1 tortilla equals 520 calories, 24 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 1,470 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 29 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC