I guarantee that if this pizza mac is on the menu, everybody will be at the table come dinnertime! Use any of your favorite pizza toppings. I have used Canadian bacon and pinneapple, and my family really loved that. The combinations are only limited by your imagination. &mdashKelly Silvers, Edmond, Oklahoma
Recommended: Pizza-Flavored Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 package (16 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 2 jars (14 ounces each) pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 package (8 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 can (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Additional pasta sauce, optional
- Fold two 18-in.-long pieces of foil into two 18x4-in. strips. Line perimeter of a 5-qt. slow cooker with foil strips; spray with cooking spray.
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles. Add pasta; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until edges become translucent. Stir in pasta sauce, water, pepperoni, and half of each of the following: mozzarella cheese, pepper, onion, olives and mushrooms. Transfer pasta mixture to slow cooker. Top with remaining mozzarella cheese; sprinkle with remaining vegetables.
- Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours or until pasta is tender. Just before serving, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. If desired, serve with additional pasta sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Supreme Pizza-Style Pasta in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2016, p50