- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 jar (14 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the mushrooms, tomato sauce, pizza sauce, tomato paste, sugar and seasonings. Drain pasta; stir into meat sauce.
- Divide half of the mixture between two greased 2-qt. baking dishes; sprinkle each with 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers. Top each with pepperoni and Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 2 casseroles (8 servings each).
Reviews for Supreme Pizza Casserole
"we loved this since there are only two of us at home i made one casserole instead of two and i also added black olives we had enough left over for our lunch the next day i will be making this again"
"Is this a typo? 8 ounces of fettucine and 16 servings? So everyone gets 1/2 ounce of pasta? I realize there is other stuff in there too, but that makes NO sense!"
"I added a can of sliced black olives and some cooked, crumbled Italian sausage. I didn't have the pizza sauce, so I used a jar of Prego, and it came out great."
"My family of 8 LOVES this dish! I add a little italian seasoning in with mine. I've made this recipe several times and it's nice because it makes enough for left overs for the next day."